Introducing a new effort: Indivisible Technology Austin, the IT group that can help you #resist.
If you hate the Trumpist agenda but love technology, we’d love to have your help. We’ll have regular working meetings for whoever can join – the first will be on Thursday, Oct. 5. We also plan to have a Challenge Team in the upcoming ATX Political Hackathon. There’s lots to do, and the more help we have, the more we can achieve. Sign up today!
We’ll be posting the occasional technology-related items here on the blog, and the first one, on the critical topic of information security, is below. You may have seen similar posts in this space before, and you’ll probably see more in the future – this stuff is important!
This is from a resource page provided by the national-level Indivisible site:
DIGITAL SECURITY CHECKLIST
- Identify a trusted security expert or advisor for your group if possible.
- Take an inventory of your main communications systems and assess what your top information security priorities and risks might be.
- Keep all your systems up to date; install legitimate security patches.
- Review the privacy settings on your social media accounts.
- Use strong passwords on all your important accounts.
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication whenever possible.
- No security system is perfect; assume anything you write or send online may become public.