CELEBRATE. INVIGORATE. ACTIVATE.
UPDATE, Friday, Mar. 3, 5:00 pm
We’ve reserved space at Scholz Garten for a watch party Sunday! If you didn’t get a ticket, but still want to watch the livestream and join the fun, please join us there starting at 11 a.m.! You can also watch at home — just visit our Facebook page.
The “Things You Need to Know” if you’re coming to Huston-Tillotson section below has been updated with some helpful tips, too.
Join Indivisible Austin for the citywide gathering and rally!
We’re planning a fun day connecting with Indivisible folks from across Central Texas! Come and enjoy:
- Meeting and networking with others from your Congressional district
- In-person Q&A with Rep. Lloyd Doggett
- I Stand Indivisible Photobooth
- A special film created just for IATX
- And more!
Things you need to know:
- Space is extremely limited and while admission is free, you MUST RSVP & register to attend.
- Here’s a Huston-Tillotson campus map to help you navigate
- Signs are welcome!
- Bring your own water bottle! We’re trying to manage how much plastic waste we leave behind.
- Wear soft-soled shoes. We want to leave the gym’s newly refinished floor in good shape.
- If you enter the gym, you’re consenting for your image to be filmed, photographed, and broadcast via social media and other media. We will be livestreaming the rally on Facebook Live, and news media will be present.
- Use the #IATXRally hashtag on your social media posts!
- We need a lot of wi-fi resources for streaming on Sunday, so please use your own hot-spot or 4G rather than gym wi-fi if possible.
- This is Texas, it might be hot, and the space is un-airconditioned. Wear your favorite t-shirt of the resistance and be comfy!
- We’re selling t-shirts with an amazing new design by Julie Gilberg (all proceeds help Indivisible Austin provide tools and resources for the resistance). Credit or debit cards only!
Let’s celebrate everything YOU are doing to become more civically engaged, and to hold our representatives accountable.
Oh, and there will be live music and food trucks. Because we’re Austin.
SEE YOU THERE!
To those who cannot attend …
There has been overwhelming response for our gathering on Sunday, and we’re so grateful and excited. When we began planning this event a month ago, we had ideas about attendance based on the initial interest in Austin-area Indivisible activities. We had no idea that we’d grow so strong, so fast!
As a fully volunteer-run group, we found the largest, most affordable space we could, and it has a maximum capacity of 700. We booked the best space we could based on the information and budget we had at the time. While we wish we could accommodate everyone who wants to attend, it would not be possible to change venues at this point.
We will livestream Sunday’s program on our Facebook page, and we encourage those who aren’t able to join us in person or at Scholz Garten to watch the livestream, and to gather a group of friends for a “satellite rally.”
Thank you for all your support!
The Indivisible Austin Team